MOT Blog: Testing is like .....

This post is inspired by the MOT bloggers club initiative

Testing is like…



Based on my analogy,  "Testing is like a Sport.."

  • Everyone can play a sport like Cricket, Caroom, Chess.
  • But to become good at a sport, you need to read a lot and practice.
         Deliberate practice should be part of our routine.
Courtesy: James Clear - Atomic Habits Book

 
  • Recently, I started playing "Chinese Checker" game. 
  • We can also use Heuristics and Tree Search Algorithms to play and win the game.
  • Researching for "How to win game in 13 steps" can help, But Practice is the Key.
  • No matter, what background - we need to learn continuosly.
  • In my childhood days, a neighbour used to read books on Chess. I used to think, Why?
  • Later I have realized, you will become better when you learn from others. - Mentor/Books/Pairing/Practice with a Team
  • The same way in Testing, we learn from a mentor, testers - in/outside company, books, online resources.
  • I attend weekend testing sessions to have practice in testing. (http://weekendtesting.com/?p=4605) and Learn from others.
  • I learn from others by attending meetups and conferences. 

The harder you practice, luckier you get.  Practice builds muscle memory. 

Popular Posts

JMeter Producing Error: Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5

Understanding about Contract Testing