Google Reader is Dead ... Now What's Next ??

Google has shutdown its services of Google Reader, popular RSS subscription reader on July 1,2013.



I took long time to research for the alternatives which can match my interests and give same ability of Google Reader.

First, I found "Old Reader" - It was simple and looks like a Google Reader. But It has followed by outages for few days due to hard drives crashed. And they now planned to make it private from public.

Second, "Feedly" : It looked like No.1 Alternative in many websites. It is having good clean design with Magazine kind of layout. Now, Feedly announced Pro Accounts for $5 per month or $45 per year.

Third, "Digg Reader": Surprised the world with Simple interface and closely resembles the other feed readers.

Now, I keep a backup : After the Outage of Old Reader for 5 days, I learnt to have a backup for every thing. Now, I use both Feedly and Digg to read my feeds.

Lesson Learnt: Don't get attached to FREE products.


Tip to Testers:

"Seize the time... Live now! Make now always the most precious time. Now will never come again."

Popular Posts

JMeter Producing Error: Windows RegCreateKeyEx(...) returned error code 5

Understanding about Contract Testing