If you are testing any website and see any URL and add some characters in the URL. Check what happens.
You may see errors from application or from web server.
Note: Receiving error from web server could share information about your server.
Topic 2: Security - User Supplied Input-Data for Login
Consider a logon screen that asks for a username and password. If the application returns one error message for an incorrect username and another message for an incorrect password. This means, attacker has guessed either of them .
The danger is that the attacker now knows that he has correct username. Now his next step is to crack the password.
Topic 3: Non-Tech: Apology
There are 6 kinds of Apologies.
- "It's Regretful that.." - It doesn't require you need to admit you did wrong. You're just sorry it happened..
- "It seems that errors occurred.." - Acknowledging that something bad happened, but you didn't have anything to do with it.
- "Apology directed at another issue or person.." - I'm sorry, you misunderstood my intent.
- "Apology used as emphasis to make a point.." - I'm sorry, the show is not good.
- "Apologies in Advance.." - I'm sorry, if this hurts to you.
- "Deflective Apologies.." - "I am in search of my soul and peace"
Don't Apologise in expectation of receiving an apology from others.
Don't Apologise if your intentions where misinterpreted.
Don't Apologise to blame someone else
And.. Don't Apologise for every day behaviours.